Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Bacon, Avocado and Egg Open-Faced Sandwich

During the week my breakfast is pretty simple. I either eat oatmeal, make a fruit or yogurt bowl, or energize with a smoothie. (Fact: My favorite is oatmeal. Love it. I could eat it every morning finding new ways to enjoy.) But on the weekends I like to mix it up. Try new things. Occasionally splurge. Fix an elaborate brunch. Whip up some homemade waffles. Cook an omelet. Sometimes Mr. B and I satisfy our morning hunger with cinnamon toast. And some mornings we reach for the cereal box.

A few Sundays ago, I decided to spice up my simple egg, bacon and toast breakfast. I was in the mood for something different and creative when I spied the avocado. It was just sitting there on the counter, begging to be eaten, slowly passing its prime. I stood amazed that I even had an avocado left. When those beautiful green things come into my house, I consume them. Quickly. They're great in my smoothies, on a salad, or chopped up in salsa. I must have missed this little guy.

But let me give you a heads up. This breakfast sandwich is super filling. I couldn't finish. It might have been because I'm not used to a heavy breakfast (I consider this heavy), or because it was quite rich. Whatever it was, it was good eats. Therefore, I think it might make a great dinner option. Actually, just go ahead and eat this whenever you feel like it!

Bacon, Avocado and Egg Open-Faced Sandwich

Serves 1

1 slice wheat toast
2 Tbsp Neufatchel cream cheese
1/2 tsp chopped chives
2 slices bacon, cooked and crispy
1 egg, over-easy
Ground black pepper
2 tomato slices
1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced

Stir together cream cheese and chopped chives. Spread over toast. Add freshly cooked egg, and sprinkle with pepper. Top with bacon, tomato and avocado slices. Serve ASAP!


With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment