Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Game Day #3: Ham & Cheese Crescents

Happy Wednesday!!!!

So who is everybody rooting for in the Super Bowl?

I know I should be cheering on the AFC but, to be honest, I am not a Tom Brady fan. (I mean, he went to that school up North. I can't support that.) I'm not a Patriots fan either. However, I am a huge, HUGE Peyton Manning fan. He is my favorite. Thus, I like the Manning family. And since Eli Manning is the QB for the Giants, I'm cheering on New York. Yet, my hubby is not the biggest supporter of the Giants right now. (He's a heart-broke and frustrated 49ers fan.) So I'm pretty sure he's rooting for New England.

Uh-oh. A split household. Hmmm, we could make this interesting....


Anyhoo, onto today's Super Bowl Party menu item: Crescent Rolls! With ham and cream cheese, these crescents are amazingly yummy, and super easy to make. Only a few steps required.

First, roll out the crescents and smear on a layer of the cream cheese mitxture.

Second, layer on your ham slices (or turkey works really well here, too).....

Next, add a layer of the mustard mixture on top of the ham slices.

Then, roll up the dough forming cute little crescents.

Place them on a baking sheet and pop them in the oven for a couple of minutes. They come out smelling fan-freaking-tastic. Oh, and try not to eat all of them.

Sometimes I make these as a quick lunch for Mr. B and I. They can be quite filling. (Probably because you've eaten like five of them before you know it because they're that good.) But when I serve these to a crowd, with other food, I like to cut each crescent into smaller pieces and stick them with toothpicks.


Ham and Cheese Crescents

Serves 8 (as party appetizer) or more if cutting into bite size pieces

1 (8-count) pkg refrigerated cresecent rolls, separated into triangles
1.5 Tbsp honey
2.5 oz Neufchatel cream cheese
1-2 green onions, chopped
4 oz thinly sliced ham (or turkey)
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
2 tsp yellow mustard

Preheat oven 375 degrees. Mix cream cheese, onions and half of honey in small bowl. In another snall bowl, mix mayo, mustard and rest of honey. Spread a little bit of cream cheese mixture on crescent dough. Layer with 2 slices of meat. Spoon some mustard mixture on top of meat slices. (*Be careful not to overfill because the spreads will ooze out and you'll have a mess.) Roll up dough into crescents. Place on ungreased baking sheet (give cresecents room to spread). Bake 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.

*You can add as much meat as you want. When I serve these as appetizers, I like to keep them on the lighter side.
**I also play around with these, using greek yogurt instead of cream cheese, less honey and no mayo.

Nutritional Information
Per crescent roll: Calories 174; Fat 11; Carbs 16; Protein 5


Don't forget to check back tomorrow for another
Super Bowl Party menu idea!

With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment