Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Raspberry Banana Protein Shake

Happy Wednesday!

I'm feeling quite pink today. I blame the raspberries.


I found them in our fridge this morning, pretty much on their last leg. I knew someone just had to eat these berries. Like right this minute. As I was popping them into my mouth I remembered, Uh, you don't really like raspberries.

I don't know what it is, but out of all the fruit I eat, raspberries are my least favorite. And it's not the seeds or the texture. It's definitely the taste. I just don't like them raw. I love raspberry preserves, ice cream, cobbler, pie....I really like them frozen.

But these sad, raw berries needed to be consumed two days ago. And I couldn't just let them hang out a couple more hours until Mr. B. woke up.

So, I threw them into a protein shake and it made this pretty pink color.

Pretty Pink.

Pretty in Pink.

Cheers!

Raspberry Banana Protein Shake

Serves 1

handful of raspberries, rinsed
1 frozen banana
1 scoop vanilla soy protein
1/2 c almond milk
1/2 c 1% milk
1 Tbsp ground flaxseed meal
2-4 ice cubes

Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.

NOTE: A handful of spinach would be delicious as well. (You can't taste it. It will just change the color and add a healthy dose of vegetables.)


With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment