Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sunday Sweets

1. Happy Mother's Day, Mama!



2. Well, it was my last week with Stark State's Writing Center. My co-worker and dear friend, Jessica H., brought in cheesecake, lime tortilla chips and guacamole to celebrate. She also made me a banner and everyone signed it. Wow, I'm really going to miss my co-workers. They're some of my best friends. :(


3. On Wednesday, Pemberly finally came home! After almost $400, he looks brand-spanking new.


4. I spent my last day at Massillon Public Library at a Youth Conference with Angel, the Teen Librarian. We had a blast and learned so much about "Teens Going Mobile @ Your Library." There are so many awesome, educational apps out there. Too bad most libraries aren't going to be able to afford these. However, the keynote speaker did mention that we could create a list of recommended apps to show teens if they ask for suggestions.

5. I'm sure you all know about my love of conferences, and this one didn't disappoint. Lunch was actually really good and I met so many friendly people. Like the Teen Librarian from the library I will be calling home as of tomorrow. She was all excited that she got to talk with me first. Also, her last name is Amazing. She can literally say, "Hi. I'm Amazing." Jealous. <--- I later discovered she and her husband had their names changed to "Amazing," but still...awesome.

6. Antony John was the guest author at the conference. I never heard of Antony, but after listening to him book talk his four books, I've marked all of them to read. And I was the lucky attendee that won a copy of his newest book, Elemental, which hits stores in November. It's the first in the dystopian trilogy set in Outer Banks, NC....super excited to dive into this book.


7. Annnnd....I won one of the door prizes! Another book, Secrets (The Ivy #2), by Lauren Kunze and Rina Onur, but I let Angel take that book and we'll switch once we've finished.


8. To celebrate my very last day on Friday, a few of my co-workers and I had lunch at Zoup! and then I got a half-price frappy and had Crispy Chicken Margarita Tacos for dinner. Soooo good. A perfect ending. :)


9. Mr. B and I are house hunting, and we went through a really nice house yesterday. However, it had no garage (which Mr. B desperately wants) and the only washer and dryer hookup was in the kitchen and it was a "stacked" set. Ummm, no. I can't do that. I'd need a stool just to get into the dryer. I don't think so....however the Jack-and-Jill bathroom set up was divine.


10. Oh, and I can't wait to start the summer devotional, Love Like Him, from Do Not Depart. Head on over to their blog site and print out the free PDF. This series starts tomorrow!


With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment