Friday, September 26, 2014

5. Mr. B

My best friend.


My other half. My lobster. The man God brought into my life when I truly needed him most.


Mama was my first best friend. My Aunt Joann was my second, you know the kind where the phrase, "don't tell your mother," ends most conversations. I had a best girlfriend throughout my elementary and middle school years. I met my best girlfriend 10 years and almost one month ago to this exact day. (Wow, Jessica, it's been a decade! A decade. Yes, I'm the one who still thinks 10 years ago was 1999.)

But this man. I met him in college nine years and one month ago to this exact day. It's funny, God's timing. He knows the exact moment to bring the right person into your life. I could get all sentimental and gushy on here, but I'll just tell him to his face. He knows. I'll spare you the long post it would take to tell y'all what my husband means to me.


Instead, let me share with you 10 Things I Love About Mr. B:
  1. He's a man after God.
  2. He takes care of my car. He has been known to wash it when it's freezing outside. Like at the automatic car wash and the door won't go up because it's.frozen.to.the.ground.
  3. He's a clean freak. His helping around the house is shocking, a tad obsessive, but definitely welcomed.
  4. He's not quite the social butterfly I am. He makes an effort. It does not go unnoticed.
  5. He loves sports as much as my own family. Whereas my sign says, "I love you more than coffee (but please don't make me prove it)." His would say, "I love you more than the 49ers...."
  6. He makes me laugh. He makes me laugh. He makes me laugh.
  7. He works hard at making our house a home, making sure I have nice things and that I don't want for anything.
  8. He keeps me grounded. And, kindly, let's me know when I'm being ridiculous. I do appreciate this.
  9. It only took me five years, but he finally tries new food without complaining! This is huge.
  10. How he is with Mr. Darcy. Melts my heart, y'all.

I love him to the sky and back...twice.

Throwback to the first birthday of his we actually celebrated together. He turned 23.

Today, my best friend turns 31. Happy birthday, Mr. B.


[I'm surprising him with pancakes for breakfast, his favorite. Bonus ---> It's National Pancake Day.]

With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment