Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring Pea Soup

Happy St. Patty's Day!

I have a super healthy green soup to celebrate the day....and just in time for Spring!

Today is the one day we celebrate all things green, at least in my household. And when I made this soup a few weekends ago to celebrate the approaching spring (this warm weather is crazy, but I'm loving it), I knew this dish was a St. Patty's Day must.

Only five ingredients, ready in 30 minutes, it's light and simple and spring-y and healthy and GREEN!

Plus, it's one of my all-time favorite soups. EVER. Mr. B despises peas. He can find them in anything. So this is a great way for me to get my pea-fix, and knowing it's all mine because he won't go near it is fabulous.

I'm almost positive I could eat the whole batch.

Perfecto!

Spring Pea Soup

Serves 6-8

2 c peeled and cubed potatoes
2 Tbsp butter, cubed
6 c chicken broth
1 c frozen peas
handful of minced chives

In a Dutch oven, saute potatoes in butter until lightly browned. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 12 minutes. Stir in peas; cook 5-8 minutes longer or until potatoes and peas are tender. Cool slightly. Transfer soup to a blender (in batches, if needed) and puree until smooth. (Or you could use an immersion blender if you have one. I do not. I'm demanding one for my birthday.) Return soup to pan and heat through. Sprinkle with chives and enjoy!


Nutritional Information
Per cup: 99 calories, 3 Fat, 14 Carbs, 3 Fiber, 3 Protein

This soup is perfect for a work lunch. I make this Sunday night and eat on it throughout the week.

With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

Are you wearing GREEN today?

No comments:

Post a Comment