Tuesday, December 3, 2013

THE GAME & Other Weekend Things


Holy frijolies. What a weekend.


I hope everyone had a fantastic, heart-warming, safe, and blessed Thanksgiving spent with loved ones (and not running around with a shopping cart...at least not until Friday). Mine was busy, albeit odd, but still wonderful. I love spending time with my family, and although we tend to bicker if around each other for too long, I never laugh harder. If you don't have your humor, what have you? Right. So, there was a lot of laughter. I promise to share more on the holiday gathering, but the thing I looked forward to the most was Mama's cheeseboard platter. Isn't it gorgeous??! Almost, almost, too pretty to eat.


Once I filled up on cheese and nuts, I moved onto the meal, and finished with Mama's Hot Fudge Cheesecake. Oh, so good. Oh, so happy I went with a smaller piece. That way when I sliced up seconds I enjoyed it tremendously. Guilt has no room on my Thanksgiving plate.


Unfortunately, like many others I'm sure, I had to work on Friday. And so did Mr. B. Yet, he surprised me with a home-cooked meal: Jambalaya and steamed asparagus, his latest recipe attempt. It was quite tasty, my friends. (AND he made me breakfast yesterday, french toast....he's spoiling me. He better stop. I'm really enjoying my hubby in the kitchen.)


Oh yes, and then there was Saturday. Game Day. THE GAME. Ohio State and TTUP.  <---that team up north.

Game day was at my aunt's this year because she won an awesome OSU package from the local radio station. We watched the game on a 60" TV with free deli sandwiches, beverages, snacks, cookies, and pastries. It was awesome until the game started.

My lovely aunt decided she'd rather see a good game then a blowout, hoping the Buckeyes wouldn't run away with it, per say. <--- btw, said no Buckeye fan ever. Geesh.


Yeah. Well, wish granted, Auntie. I was (we all were) a nervous wreck the entire time. I was glaring and asking, "Are you happy now?" during the final seconds of that ridiculous game. Thankfully, the defense decided to show up when it mattered. Good night, that was crazy!!! I.LOVE.FOOTBALL.

Source
However, I don't want to talk about Sunday football, so let's move on to what the women in my family did instead. It's a family tradition and has been for years....we all, cough-happily-cough, gather together to make hard tack candy every Christmas season. And that 25 pound bag of sugar pictured below is no joke.


Things get real.real.quick.

Dive in.


I'll share my family's hard candy tradition soon!

Until then....GAME ON.
Source
With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment