Friday, November 11, 2011

Cooking Club #5 {Updated}

[Updated 9/1/14: original, but separate, content, with updated photos and/or more details, if available.]


---> Cooking Club is coming up soon, and now that I'm blogging, I want to share these moments but I thought I should play catch-up first. So without further ado, here (and in other posts) is what we've been up to. Enjoy!

Clockwise from top right: Ham, Crab Cake, Stuffing, Potatoes, Pot Pie
#5 November: Thanksgiving     

The Menu:
         Appetizer
Sage and Cranberry Crab Cakes
        Main Course
Chicken Pot Pie
Brown-Sugar Glazed Ham
        Sides
Spinach Mashed Potatoes
Stuffing Baskets
        Desserts
Apple Pie
Cute Turkey Cookies

Since Thanksgiving is right around the corner, we decided we must have a Cooking Club Thanksgiving Feast. We each took a dish that is usually on everyone's Thanksgiving Day menu and created our own "version" of the classic. The choices up for grabs were potatoes, turkey/ham, pie, cranberries, stuffing, and veggies. I chose the yummy classic side dish stuffing.

I found this cute recipe while perusing my Taste of Homes Cookbook. I wanted a twist on the classic stuffing and thought, how cute, stuffing baskets.


While I was mixing it up and adding the ingredients, my mouth was watering. It smelled delightful. However, these Stuffing Baskets were more on the dry side than I tend to enjoy.


Definitely not Mama's stuffing. Some members enjoyed the dish, and some didn't. Definitely nothing to write home about. [But I agree to share all of my Cooking Club successes and failures. If you're not inspired to try these failed recipes, I hope you try the themes!] However, the Spinach Mashed Potatoes and the Apple Pie were tasty and sinful in their own ways. I actually could.not.wait. for Jessica to finish the topping so we could get this in the oven and eat it already!


Too bad Andrew missed out on this feast.

If you don't do anything else, gather some friends and have a Thanksgiving feast of your own this month. Nobody would complain about two Thanksgivings.

It's like a turkey army!

*I hope you enjoyed these Cooking Club snippets. There are many more to come as I try to play catch-up before this month's meeting. I hope these themes, and even Cooking Club itself, inspire you to gather with your friends and family in the kitchen, and make sweet moments (and delicious food) of your own.

**I've only included the recipes to the dishes I made. Only because I'm unsure of where everyone got theirs...and hey, we gotta give credit where credit is due. If you have any questions about the other dishes, I'll ask the other members where they got their recipes and pass it along!


Check out our previous meetings!
Cooking Club #1-4


[Update: I added a few links and am dying to get in the kitchen to make these Spinach Mashed Potatoes again(!) and I gave the Stuffing Baskets one more shot, but with a more homemade approach; they were a little tastier this time around. Meanwhile, it's never too early to start thinking about your Thanksgiving menu.]

What's your favorite Turkey Day dish?

With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment