Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My Holiday Baking List

It's that time of year again. Time to put on the sounds of the season, bring out the KitchenAid and gather with friends and family to start my long list of holiday baking. Unfortunately, my list is getting sooooo long that I'm not sure if I'll be able to make them all....but I will do my baking darnedest!



Every Christmas I send off cookie platters to family, friends, co-workers, and always take to holiday gatherings. Besides, I love any excuse to bake! Here are the ones I'm hoping to get onto my platters:

Grandma's Cut-Outs. First off, I have to make my Grandma Barb's classic Cream Cheese Cut-Outs. They're a family recipe and make an appearance at every holiday/family event. These are a must.

Fat Fluffy Snickerdoodles. I've got a headstart and made these cookies this past weekend. Definitely my favorite Snickerdoodle recipe yet! Head on over to Jessica's blog and check it out, and while you're there, take a gander at her holiday baking list.

Browned Butter Cookies with Caramel Frosting. Right behind chocolate chip, these cookies are my husband's favorite, so I have to find room for these on the list every season.

Almond Blueberry Cookies <--- my favorite cookie in the whole world. Tastes just like a blueberry muffin!

Apricot Pinwheels. I made these last year during our Cooking Club Cookie Exchange. My grandpa loved these and I promised him his own special batch this year.

Hot Cocoa Cookies. I always make one chocolate cookie, and this season these looked mouth-watering. I can't wait!

Raspberry-Lemon Thumbprints. These are two of my favorite baking ingredients, so I had to give this recipe a try. (I've never made a thumbprint cookie before.)

Strawberry Cream Cheese Cookies <---These look heavenly!!!! By far the cookie I'm most excited to try.

Skinny Peanut Butter Cookies. I love anything peanut butter, and a healthier cookie...yes, please.

Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars. I always make a bar for my Christmas platter and figured I'd try something new this year.

Chocolate Chip Cookies. Of course I have to make these. I already made one batch last weekend, and I'm sure my husband will request another batch.

Chocolate-Dipped Clementines. I love dipping fruit in chocolate. It reminds me of those orange chocolate slammers Mama used to put in my stocking when I was little. Yum.

Lemon Bread <--- LOVE my lemon bread. I have to make it a least once a year and I can't believe I haven't made it yet!

Mocha Scones. These look delectable and something fun and different to add to the list.

Salted Caramel and Brownie Cheesecake Bars. These bars are for my co-workers on my Monday shift. We always bring in food for each other to try, and once I saw these I knew I had to make them ASAP.

Tiramisu Cheesecake Bars. These yummy treats are for my work's Christmas Party. Last year I took a tray of cookies and the year before that I made a light lemon cake. I found out people prefer bite size food versus cake.



Homemade Apple Butter. (which I made earlier this year for one of my Cooking Club recipes)
Candied Almonds. I'm making these two recipes to give as homemade gifts this year. A little something warm and sweet for the holiday season.

I always make something sweet and tasty for Christmas morning. This year it's this yummy dish:

Single-Serve Monkey Bread.
Mama used to make this all the time when I was little and it was a childhood favorite.

I've also bagged up a few of the Snickerdoodles and Chocolate Chips and shipped them off in a cute box to my brother down in Myrtle Beach. I miss him so much (he couldn't fly home for Thanksgiving, but he'll be home for Christmas!) and I wanted to send him a tasty home sweet home courtesy of his loving sister.




What's on your baking list this season?



Happy Holiday Baking!

With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment