Monday, May 21, 2012

7 Days 1 Challenge: Twenty-One

I just want to say the No TV Challenge was actually super easy for me. Not having to worry about watching my show(s) gave me more time. I didn't have to rush through making dinner or my Bible devotional. And this challenge only reminded me that I don't really like TV. It is one technology I could do without....until football season. Then it's attached to my hip on Sundays.


Anyhoo, it's Monday and that means a new challenge!


*In case you're new to these challenges, the challenge starts on Monday and ends Sunday night. The following Monday I'll post a new challenge.



This week's challenge:
Stretch every morning and night.

Source: Yahoo! Images
I used to do a simple and quick yoga routine every night before turning out the light and diving under the blankets. It allowed me to get any stress from the day out of my body and off my mind, resulting in a night worth of really great sleep. But I've been so busy the last few months that I just stopped and completely forgot all about my routine. And my body is paying for it. I can tell. The last few nights I've had crazy charlie horses (some people call them stingers). Hands down the.worse.pain I have yet to experience. I know they only last a couple of terrifying, paralyzing and excruciating seconds, but it feels like forever. Tears come instantly. I end up crying for a few minutes. My calves are tender for the next few days. Charlie horses are the devil.

Back in high school when I played volleyball I used to get them in my forearms every once in a while. Ouch. Getting them in your neck is even worse. I always fear I'm going to be paralyzed.

Ugh.

Anyhoo, I've noticed that I tend to get these if I haven't been stretching. And lately, I have not. Friday night my body reminded me.

So, I am for sure getting back into my routine. The yoga stretches only take a few minutes. I do five Sun Salutations in the morning and a few yoga poses right before bed. These stretches work wonders.

Join me in stretching out the kinks!

Who wants to take the weekly challenge? Let me know and share your thoughts/struggles and link ups below!
With Love and God Bless,
Brindi



No comments:

Post a Comment