Monday, April 15, 2013

7 Days 1 Challenge: Sixteen

THIS WEEKEND I HAD A BLAST AT THE VERA BRADLEY OUTLET SALE.

 I cannot wait until next year, and I already have a new list of must-have items. This year I snagged two purses, a wallet, a book bag, an apron, some cloth napkins, slippers, sunglasses, a lunch bag for Mama, and a lanyard. Annnnd I still had money to eat on the way home. (It was only $5, but you do what you have to do.) Check back for the pictures tomorrow!

Here's a little sneak peek at the Vera merchandise my friends and I just happened to bring along with us for the over-night stay.  (To say we already own plenty of VB....) We had 11 patterns between us just on Saturday night. We now have a total of 27.


And the next morning we were off to stand in chilly weather elbowing others to purchase more.

Addicted? No. We're delightfully obsessed.

Oh, and here is this week's challenge.


*In case you're new to these challenges, the challenge starts on Monday and ends Sunday night. The following Monday I'll post a new challenge.



This week's challenge:
Health-ify your meal.
Image courtesy of Chobani
No matter what your favorite comfort meal may be, or even your go-to meal, find a way to re-vamp it. Find healthier ingredient substitutions. Examples include subbing flax-eggs for eggs, Greek yogurt for oil or butter, black beans for flour, a mashed banana or unsweetened applesauce for sugar, almond milk for dairy, an avocado or sweet potato for cream, homemade seasonings instead of store-bought, and mashed cauliflower for mashed potatoes.

The above chart will help you get started!

Don't be intimidated; just go for it. The biggest hindrance I faced when I decided to start living (and mainly eating) a healthier lifestyle three years ago was the fear of making something awful and having to throw away food. I hate to waste. It's one of my biggest pet peeves. BUT within the last year of trying new recipes/ingredients, I think I've only made three meals that weren't very good, but we managed to choke down, and only two that I just tossed. Nine out of 10 meals nobody notices the difference, unless I mention it. And Mr. B is still clueless as to what I did to his favorite cookies :)

Enjoy!

Who wants to take the weekly challenge? Let me know by sharing your thoughts/struggles and link ups below!


With Love & God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment