Monday, April 1, 2013

7 Days 1 Challenge: Fourteen

Last week's challenge went quite well for me; I was even more conscience about my water and napkin use. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and was able to enjoy the afternoon's sunshine. Because right now it's cloudy, cold and snowing. O-H-I-O.

Speaking of O-H, I'm heartbroken and upset over this weekend's loss. No, we did not make it to the Final Four. We didn't play like we wanted to be there. We were awful. And I'm now rooting for Wichita State. Go creepy Shockers. Also, did anyone see that horrible injury during the Louisville-Duke game? My prayers go out to Kevin Ware and for a speedy recovery. (P.S. If you look up the injury, be advised it is pretty graphic.)

Now, let's move on to this week's challenge.


*In case you're new to these challenges, the challenge starts on Monday and ends Sunday night. The following Monday I'll post a new challenge.



This week's challenge:
Don't sweat the small stuff.
I love to laugh, especially when Grandma Barb is burning up the dance floor.
While home for Easter this weekend, laughing with the family, it occurred to me this is what I need more of. Actually, it's what my Mama needs more of. I'm encouraging all of us to laugh a lot more this week, and to not get upset over the littlest things...especially the things we have no control over. For me, I'm going to relax more during my drive to and from work. I have a 50-minute commute both ways and it's mostly interstate, which means I set the cruise control and go. But I tend to have a little road rage. I like to speed (just a little). I get soooooo annoyed when I have to ease off cruise control. Instead of getting worked up about it, I'm hoping to spend the time relaxing from my day, speaking with the Lord, or enjoying the extra time I get to spend with my audio book. A few other things: not getting upset if I don't get the chores done (they will be there and will eventually get done), not to get discouraged because my foot isn't healing as fast as I would like it to, smiling when I'd rather roll my eyes, and laughing at harmless mistakes (like dropping egg batter all over the floor.)

Smiles and laughter reduce stress, increase brain power and creativity, and help us to relax and enjoy our days. So, I'm challenging you to SMILE!!!!

P.S. Happy April Fool's Day! I have one up my sleeve for my co-workers :P

Who wants to take the weekly challenge? Let me know by sharing your thoughts/struggles and link ups below!


With Love & God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment