Monday, June 3, 2013

Fruit and Nut Butter Breakfast Wrap

It's National Fresh Fruit Month!! YUM-O!

I wouldn't say I dislike change, but I tend to be a fan of the familiar. For example, I had my previous phone for three years and a month ago decided I'd join the rest of the smart phone world. I will only purchase dress pants from Banana Republic (which, sadly, I haven't been in awhile, but that also explains the quality of their clothes). I always sleep with my back to the bedroom door. There are only two drinks I constantly order at Starbucks. I could eat my Strawberry Oatmeal every morning. For.ever.

Or until the humidity creeps in and the temperature jumps to the 80s by 7:00 a.m. and the thought of turning on the stove already has me sweatin'. Ha, yeah I'll pass.


That's when I bring out my trusty blender and make a delicious protein shake, like my current obsession. But sometimes I crave a little more substance, especially when I plan to workout in the mornings, and this breakfast wrap is perfect before or after my early session.


Fruit and Nut Butter Breakfast Wrap

Serves 1

1 whole wheat tortilla wrap (I personally like the Low Carb, High fiber ones)
1 Tbsp nut butter (almond, cashew, peanut, etc.)
3 strawberries, thinly sliced
1 heaping Tbsp granola (I like Bear Naked's Peak Protein)

Smear the nut butter on the tortilla, but not all the way to the edges. Layer on the berries and granola. Roll up like a burrito and slice in half. Enjoy!

*Note: I usually add in banana slices as well, but the bananas in the stores lately have absolutely no green on them. Waaayyyy too ripe for me. (Any fruit will work...peaches, blueberries, apples...) And sometimes I add in plain Greek yogurt.

Nutritional Information
Per wrap (original above recipe): Calories 234, Fat 10, Protein 10, Fiber 13, Sugar 4


With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment