Thursday, March 12, 2015

Virtual Coffee Date

Thank you, Jesus, for the sunshine!

I see many, many, MANY iced coffees before me. And I am in love.


It's been a bit since our last date.

Here it is March. Did anyone else think January and February dragged on and on? It felt like there was no end. Maybe it was the snow. Maybe it was the subzero temperatures. But spring is slowly peeking its head. Time for a wardrobe change. Time for spring cleaning. Time for spring vegetables. Time for walks through the park. Time for a change.... ?

Maybe.

If we were having coffee right now, I'd tell you how I feel God is laying a change on my heart. A change to do more and be more to people. More to my church. More to my community. More to my friends. More to my family.

I am struggling with this.

If we were having coffee right now, I'd tell you I'm struggling because I am an introvert. I know, you're shocked. So am I. I truly am. More often than not I'd rather be at home. With my husband. With our dog. I'm a homebody, and although I love having people over at my house, playing the hostess, and love visiting friends and family, I don't want to put doing more for others over doing more for my husband and our home. Right after God, my family is first. I don't want to give up my time, yet I feel God is telling me to do more with it.

How do I accomplish this without risking time with my hubby?

We could do things together, you say. Our schedules are quite different. It can be hard. My homebody side doesn't hold a candle to Mr. B.'s. He loves being home. And I love that he loves being home. I love that we wouldn't choose anyone else to spend time with if asked. But....

But I feel this is very important to me. Friends have said it's much easier to get involved with fellow church members, neighbors, and the community once you have kids. I see there's truth in this advice.

While contemplating this, I heard these Hillsong United lyrics:
Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders.
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever you would call me.
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior.  --- "Oceans (Where My Feet Fail)"

And then later on that night, amid my late-night Bible study through the YouVersion app, I read, "Resolve to tune your ear to the Holy Spirit's voice and when He asks you to do something that makes you nervous - step out and do it!"

I am hearing you, Father.

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. --- James 1:22 (KJV)


Any suggestions on juggling both? What community services, if any, do you all do with your family, spouses, and/or friends? How are you doing more with your time? I'd love to hear from y'all!

With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment