Sunday, January 18, 2015

Currently


I'm currently....

Watching.... I'm getting ready to watch church service in an hour. It's been a rough few days over here, and when I just want to hunker down from the world and people, and escape into my introverted self, I'm blessed my church has the technology to offer live services online. My ears are preparing to hear God's word this morning.

Eating.... I've been craving salads, but it's hard to get my favorite ingredients since we're in the dead of winter over here in Ohio. I'm trying to branch out into the "warm salads" sections of my cookbooks. However, even in all this cold, I just want a normal salad with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers.... and not settle for unsatisfactory ingredients. And I'm back on my smoothie kick! I don't care if it's 9 degrees; they're sooooo good.

Planning.... my meals for the week. Due to a two-day, county-wide orientation, a meeting, and the holiday off, my schedule is a little different this week and I need to be prepared to make sure Mr. B has his dinners and enough snacks, and that I'm not stuck eating food my body doesn't want.

Reading.... today I plan to start Lisa Harper's A Perfect Mess, and it couldn't come at a better time, too. It's about how in your less-than-lovely moments, God sees a precious daughter in need of His perfect love.

Inspired by.... my Holy Yoga practice. It's taking me farther than I thought I could go in yoga in building a closer relationship with God.

To all of you "Christians" who judge other Christians for their yoga practices, I'm happy to inform you that yoga is a spiritual discipline much like fasting, meditation, and prayer that cannot be owned by one specific religion. Get informed. Do what Jesus called you to do, be a doer of the word and not a hearer only; don't judge others, for God is our only judge.

Excited about....having tomorrow off and seeing my best friend tomorrow and going to TRADER JOE'S!!!!!! I'm stocking up, stocking up, and stocking up. Bringing the big bags and the bank account. And you better have my coconut oil TJ! I haven't seen my dear friend in over a month. I miss her. And her shenanigans ;)

With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment