Friday, January 30, 2015

Scrambled Egg Breakfast Burrito

I'll be honest, I've never been a fan of the breakfast burrito.


The idea of eggs and salsa in a flour tortilla before 8 a.m. never quite appealed to me.

Definitely not the boxed or the fast food kind.

As of late though, I've seen all kinds of homemade breakfast burritos floating around the blog world and on the Pinterest boards. I'll admit, I wanted to be a fan. I wanted to love those recipes. I wanted to be able to make a batch, toss them in the freezer, and pull one out on those days I'm rushing out the door because Mr. Darcy found a stick and ran around the backyard for 15 minutes instead of doing his business. And I don't even have time to turn on the blender. I wanted to like them all. I just could not get on board.


That is until a few weeks ago when I met up with my best girlfriend and headed to Trader Joe's.

While straining to display self-control as I perused the shelves I only get to see a few times a year, I spotted these spinach flour tortillas. These looked delicious. As I threw them in my cart, my friend mentioned how she uses them for her breakfast burritos in the mornings. You, too, huh?

Hmmm.....

Needless to say, I was curious, determined to try this whole breakfast burrito thing.

I did.

And these babies are DELICIOUS! Not only are they absolutely tasty in a why-have-I-waited-so-long-to-eat-these kind of way, but like OBSESSED kind of way. I have had one for breakfast for the past six days in a row. I can't stop. Well, I guess I'll be stopping soon when my 10-tortilla supply runs out.

If you are of what my mind used to be, give the breakfast burrito a try. A homemade try. It's so good. A great way to celebrate National Egg Month ;)

But I still can't get behind putting salsa in mine.



Scrambled Egg Breakfast Burrito on a Spinach Tortilla

Serves 1

1 spinach flour tortilla
1-2 eggs scrambled (with plain Greek yogurt)
1 T crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
drizzle of hot sauce
Optional: chopped tomatoes and bell peppers

Once my eggs are scrambled, I stick my tortilla in the pan to warm it up a bit. After a minute or two, remove it and add scrambled eggs, cheese, and hot sauce. If I have any leftover chopped veggies laying around, I'll sprinkle on a few. Roll up and enjoy.

It's that easy, that quick. Make a whole bunch and stick them in the freezer and pull out and heat in microwave as needed.



With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment