Thursday, April 30, 2015

Eight Things I'm Loving Right Now

1. Poached eggs. Oh.My.Goodness.Oh.My.Goodness. Why did it take me almost 29 years to give these a try?! Why didn't anybody tell me about these??! (Mama, you're excused, but everybody else.... I'm looking at you.)

2. My latest guilty pleasure readings seem to be Christian Romance. I am such a sap. Such a romantic at heart. The Dandelion Field. A Marriage in Middlebury. I just finished Barefoot Summer by Denise Hunter and am starting Once Upon a Prince by Rachel Hauck. It's fluff. It's all lovey-dovey. It's fairy-tale-ish. It makes me cry. It's my current kick.

3. And speaking of... My new Vera Bradley reading glasses in Slate Blooms. And I'm not sure I even need these. But they were only $3.99. And they were cute. It's been almost a decade since I last went to the eye doctor. Mama took me and the doctor said my eyesight was fine, but with all the reading I was expected to do in college I might want some reading glasses. So we purchased some really cute, stylish red ones, which I wore mainly to coordinate with a red outfit every once in a while. Actually, I haven't wore them since unmarried life?? Maybe. I feel like my eyes are fine. Always have been. But these glasses are super cute! Maybe I should schedule an exam....

4. Polka dots and dresses. After the 70 degree-weather tease a few weeks ago, then the 40 degree-drop last week, spring seems to be poking it's head out today. We're in the 60s, people! Time to celebrate with all things spring! And let's hope it stays longer than three days. My dresses are growing impatient in the closet, and boots and tights just don't look as pretty or make them happy like sandals and heels.

5. So, through my Robeks app, I was notified about their new FITNESS SMOOTHIES made with maple water. As soon as I saw the peanut butter one I knew I had to have it. Last weekend I drove to the nearest location for a taste test. Honestly, it tastes like Teddy Grahams (the original, y'all) with a bit of peanut butter. Teddy Grahams! I loved those as a snack in my college days childhood. Yet, I could do with more peanut butter. Shocker, I know. I can always do with more peanut butter. Fitness fuel, my friends.

6. Grinding my coffee beans. Since my new coffee pot purchase a few months ago, now I wake up to the smell of coffee beans. Programmable coffee pots are the best thing since sliced bread, you know? I know. And my additional grinders are perfect for those days I want French pressed coffee. Like this past Tuesday. French pressed and Cabela's. Yep. That's my thoughts on Tuesdays in a nutshell. Time to be productive, but I'm not happy about it.


7. These Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins. Made with oat flour, dark chocolate, halved sugar, fresh raspberries, protein powder, and Greek yogurt. Healthy. Tasty. Breakfast-pleasing. Snack-pleasing. Dessert-pleasing. I had more than one, definitely. Check out Katie's book for the recipe!


8. This ballet core workout on DVD I borrowed from my library. I was at another branch killing time before a program, and while walking around I spotted it. It's pretty basic, but leaves you with a great burn. I'm really, really liking it. And it's something different. (Also, something I'm in need of if I keep eating muffins.)


With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment