I pray everyone had a happy, healthy, blessed, and FILLING Thanksgiving. I know I did... If we were having coffee right now, I know you'd want to hear about the family and what craziness happened at this year's dinner table, but I'm just dying to share my Christmas baking list with y'all and I just can't wait.
But priorities first, get your coffee (and maybe a few cookies since y'all be starved for them by the time you read this post) and then take a peek at my list.
First off, I made a list. I checked it twice. I checked last year's list, and the year before that, and the year before that... and I completely ignored all of the cookies I failed to make. They will be made one day. They will not be forgotten. But I can't help it. I see a new cookie recipe the day before and my plans change. Wait. Is that something shiny?
I always make at least 8 different types of cookies (why eight? It's my favorite, it's powerful, it just happens), and this year I think I'll choose two recipes for each category and decide later on. So, here we go!
- Pioneer Woman's Angel Sugar Cookies (I'm leaning towards a simpler sugar cookie this year.)
- Red Velvet Sugar Cookies (sounds messy but beautiful)
- The chocolate chip cookies from the Seriously Delish cookbook (My mother-in-law has become addicted to them.)
- Chocolate Chip Snowball Cookies
- The Famous Brown Butters (Obviously, except this year I might make them on their own separate day, so I can make plenty for EVERYBODY.)
- I'm not sure if I want to go with Pretzel Bark again or maybe try a new scone recipe (possibly Maple Pecan Scones)
- Ginger Doodles (found in the Dashing Dish Cookbook)
- Chocolate Espresso Snickerdoodles (what a twist; I like it!)
- Almond Blueberry Cookies (duh?!)
- Macadamia Nut Cookies (I'm going with another nut)
- Apple & Spice Cookies (found scribbled on a random note card in the back of a cookbook)
- No-Bake Tiramisu Cookies (no idea why I place them in this category....)
- Lavender Lemon Sable Cookies (My mouth waters just looking at these!) or these Lemon Crinkle Cookies (which are apparently the best lemon cookie ever.)
- And for another fruit, either these Blueberry White Chocolate Cookies or these Fresh Cranberry Chocolate Chunk Brown Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Crackle Tops or Chocolate Kisses
- Mocha Latte Logs (I've been wanting to make these all year!)
Wouldn't these go perfectly with your coffee?
Happy Holiday Baking!
What's on your baking list this season?
With Love and God Bless,