Friday, March 6, 2015

Lately


1. This open-faced "skinny" egg salad on toasted Ezekiel bread with alfalfa sprouts. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. I've had it for my work lunch for a dozen days in a row now. I used the healthy egg salad recipe from Dashing Dish's new cookbook, and you can find that recipe here.

2. Y'all, the library is full of crazy just waiting to happen. The other day we had a patron come in, and in quite a hurry I might add, and while on his cell phone he asked my co-worker, "how long are you supposed to cook pizza rolls in the oven?" My co-worker politely said she wasn't sure. The man then got off the phone, walked over to the movie section, and within 30 seconds rushed out of the library informing us he "really had to go." .... .... .... You can't make this stuff up.

3. Flat Whites with coconut milk from Starbucks have been my go-to beverage of choice lately. I am enjoying these, more than I thought I would. I first had a flat white a while back with whole milk (the original way), but it was too rich I couldn't even stomach a tall. I tried it with coconut milk and it's much, much better. I just wish Starbucks would use a brand of coconut milk that doesn't have the ingredient carrageenan. This is one ingredient I will avoid at all costs, and I have ever since reading Angela's post two years ago. When I discovered it in the ingredient list, I was pretty devastated. <--- not an exaggeration. There goes my coconut milk switch. There are plenty of brands out there without this toxic ingredient. I expect better, Starbucks!!

4. All the birthday cakes of late. This is why I gave up sugar for Lent (among other things). Because, yes, my sugar fast this past January was quite the opposite. Eat sugar all the time. And I am not this person at all. Seriously. Yet, it seems since Thanksgiving I haven't been able to say no. My self control seems to be buried under all the snow, lost along with the grass. And it's not even good sugar!


5. Not only do I get to see my best friend tomorrow, but I get to see most of my good friends as well. Hosting jewelry parties, well hosting in general, is something I love to do. Bonus: Mama is able to come! Double bonus: Daddy's coming along and they're visiting for the weekend! I haven't seen my parents since the holidays. This weekend may spoil me.

6. Oh, and we're getting chickens. This is Mr. B's want. To say he's ecstatic is an understatement. I am interested.


With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment