Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Healthy Sweet 'n' Sour Marinated Chicken

This chicken.

If there was only one chicken dish I could convince you to make, it would be this one.

Until I made my next chicken dish, obviously.

I could eat chicken every day and never tire of it. I'm 90% certain that is why I'm not a vegetarian. The other 10% belongs to a perfect medium-rare steak. A girl's gotta have her steak.

But back to this particular chicken. It's marinated and it's healthy. It's quick and it's delicious. It pleases the man in your life. It will please you.

This chicken pairs perfectly with rice and your favorite vegetable. Sometimes I add it to a stir fry or eat it cold in a lunch salad. The flavors from the marinade easily complement and are very versatile.

Which makes this chicken the most perfect chicken.

A chicken to flavor up your go-to weeknight meal. Any leftovers can flavor up tomorrow night's meal.

As I said, chicken all the time.

Sweet 'n' Sour Marinated Chicken

Serves 4

4 chicken breast halves
1/4 c apple cider vinegar
1/4 c orange juice*
1/4 c lime juice*
1/4 c lemon juice*
1/4 c brown sugar
3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil

(*Side note: When I'm out of lemons or limes, I use a few drops of my lemon essential oil, and when there's no orange juice, the orange blossom essential oil is a fantastic replacement. Although, I recommend using one or the other of the oils because you need the liquid. But I guess you could replace it with water or stock.)

Combine all ingredients, except chicken and olive oil, in a large glass bowl. Stir to combine. Slowly pour oil into mixture while stirring with a whisk. Place chicken in marinade, cover and chill 8 hours, or overnight, turning once or twice. In a large skillet or grill pan, cook chicken over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until cooked.

With Love and God Bless,

No comments:

Post a Comment