Tuesday, December 18, 2012

7 Days 1 Challenge: Fifty-One

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. --Psalm 147:3

Last week's challenge could not have come at a more opportune time. Fixating on Jesus daily, listening to his voice, and strengthening my faith gave me comfort as I processed Friday's tragedy at an elementary school in Connecticut. His words give me hope that our society is not all evil, and even though there is evil, good is the winner. Jesus has won. He is coming. I cling to this knowledge as I grieve for those lives lost.

These things I have spoken to you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you will have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. --John 16:33

It seems something horrific and unimaginable is happening daily now, and we need to remember to show and tell our loved ones how much they mean to us. Because, sadly, we are not guaranteed tomorrow, or even the rest of today. I ask that you say "I love you" every chance you get, turn off the electronics to enjoy the good around you, ignore the chores to hug and spend time with your children, and to make time for your family and friends.

And I pray you continue to keep Jesus the center of your life, to continue devoting time to Him, as we move into this new week.



This week's challenge:
Make a meal or dessert and take it to someone.

For a tasty option, try my favorite Broccoli Cheddar Soup.
With the holidays, everyone is busy. Make time to whip up something delightful, a casserole, a plate of cookies, homemade bread or a dessert, and take it to an elderly neighbor, a busy Mama, or as a thank you for your babysitter, teacher or bus driver. There is still good in this world, so let's spread it around.

Who wants to take the weekly challenge? Let me know by sharing your thoughts/struggles and link ups below! 

*In case you're new to these challenges, the challenge starts on Monday and ends Sunday night. The following Monday I'll post a new challenge.

With Love & God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment