Monday, December 10, 2012

7 Days 1 Challenge: Fifty

I've had Jillian's 30-Day Shred DVD since summer and had yet to try it. I broke it out this week to check out the workouts because after Christmas this chica is getting back into a solid routine. I've already had a countless number of sweets, starting with Thanksgiving and baking and weekend trips and parties and more baking. (I'm looking forward to my January Fast! I cannot wait.) But in the meantime, I'm testing a few workouts so I know what I want to do and can start right away. During the holidays is the worse time to "diet" or deprive yourself. I actually never recommend either of these things. (Everything in moderation, I say.) But this time of year there's always more food and a lot more sweets, and a good workout will help balance it out (and a sweet fast in January)...sort of. :)

Now, onto this week's challenge.

*In case you're new to these challenges, the challenge starts on Monday and ends Sunday night. The following Monday I'll post a new challenge.



This week's challenge:
Start a new devotional.
This site has wonderful devotionals!
In the spirit of Christmas, I think now is a great time to read up on the story of our Savior, Jesus Christ. A great way to work this into your daily routine is by finding a, or creating your own, devotional on the subject. I'm focusing on the books Matthew, Mark, Luke and John....focusing on the acts of Christ, digging deeper into Him and how to be more Christ-like, sharing the nativity story with others, etc. Christmas is an important time of year, more than Santa, reindeer, decorating trees and the hustle and bustle of shopping. It's about the birth of Jesus, why the Lord gave him to the world.

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us. -John 1:14

Who wants to take the weekly challenge? Let me know by sharing your thoughts/struggles and link ups below!


With Love & God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment