Saturday, March 1, 2014

2. Nut Butter

I'm pretty sure I came out of the womb holding a spoonful of peanut butter.


Yes, I am THAT girl.

And, NO, I do not like nuts in my nut butter. CREAMY ONLY, please. Let's just clear that up right now.

I can't help it. It's beautiful, and creamy, and a spoonful of perfection. And my husband can't stand it when I kiss him after I've had my nut butter fill. Thankfully, God knew what he was doing when he made Mr. B a non-nut-lover. of any kind. in any form. I have all the nuts and nut butter to myself in our household. No hiding my favorites. No fighting over cleaning out the jar. No wondering if I have to share my nutty dessert or candy. Or almond-butter-covered apple slices. It's absolutely wonderful. If I don't want to share, I just add some nut butter (not that I would ever purposefully do this...).

Fact. I enjoy an apple with nut butter every day.

Fact. Most nights I have a spoonful of almond butter as my late-night snack.

Fact. I double-dip in my nut butter jars. If you come to my house, 1) I'm assuming we're close enough that you are aware of my love affair with nut butter. 2) If you can't handle sharing my double-dipped nut butter, bring your own. I will not apologize.

But I do have extras just in case.


Fact. If there's peanut butter in it, it's my favorite. This goes for anything and everything. Peanut butter ice cream, it's my favorite. Morning toast with almond butter, it's my favorite. Oatmeal with nut butter, it's my favorite. Peanut butter milkshake, it's my favorite. Reese's...please. Favorite.


Growing up you'd find me walking around the house with my spoonful of peanut butter, to the point where Mama told me to just take the jar with me. To the point where she would buy a separate jar just for me and my greedy spoon.

I really should have owned this shirt.
Source
[The only reason this is not my #1 Favorite Thing Ever is because, and let's be honest, I don't have a gold card. Someone should open up a nut butter shop, where you can hang out and order any kind of nut butter and enjoy nut butter everything. Then for Christmas everyone can get me a nut butter shop gift card. And then after so many purchases you'd get a gold card and would get free nut butter stuff. I could start my morning with a stop at the nut butter drive-thru. And there'd be a nut butter shop in every city on every corner. And we'd all be like, "I'm heading to the big city for my nut butter fix." <---that was a down home reference, kindly disregard if you are not from small-farm-town Ohio. Hmmm, which spoon shall I choose today....]

But I digress.

Back when I was a young one, I only knew of peanut butter. Now my eyes are WIDE open to all of the various nut butters that are filling up the grocery store shelves. But my heart belongs to only one.

This stuff is the best nut butter. EVER. Every time my friend is at Costco I have her pick me up a couple of jars. (Again, small town, and I have to drive about an hour just to get to a store that carries this.) I really just need a case shipped to my house every other month. Which is why I actually can't enjoy regular peanut butter any more. I cannot eat that sweetened stuff and wonder how I ever did. Raw nut butter is all I eat 99.9% of the time. Unless I'm making a dessert or treat of some sort, then I get normal brands' "all natural" jars, which if you look on the ingredient list actually contain added sugar.

So, in reality, my #2 Favorite Thing Ever is raw almond butter.

But my childhood love of all things peanut butter still clings to me. And I can't pass up on a Reese's or a Peanut Butter Hot Fudge milkshake from my hometown's local ice cream shop. Although, these now hurt my teeth. I indulge occasionally; everything in moderation, I say.

Check out how to make your own almond butter here.

I'm 100% sure this will be my Corgi some day.

Pinterest Image

So grab a spoonful of your favorite, it's National Peanut Butter Lover's Day!


(Annnd it's National Peanut Month...BONUS)

With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment