Thursday, April 24, 2014

Creamy Pasta with Chicken and Broccoli

Nom.Nom.Nom.Nom.


I'm a pasta girl. No matter how much I try to not be a pasta girl, you know heavy carbs and gluten and all that jazz, I can't help it. I'm a pasta girl. It's delicious. Versatile. Quick. Easily feeds a crowd. Cheap. Did I mention it was delicious?


However, when asked my favorite ethnic food I always answer Mexican. I guess I'm also a taco and nachos girl. Oh, and we love fajitas over here! I'd say we have Italian night just as often as Mexican night. But we're talking noodle, right now. And quick week-night dinners. And, my friends, this one is a no-brainer. It's simple. It's versatile. It's cheap. It can feed a crowd.

Folks, it's pasta.

Sprinkled with protein and greens.

Creamy Pasta with Chicken and Broccoli
Serves 6

3 c pasta (any type would work)
4 c broccoli, chopped
3 Tbsp Italian or vinaigrette dressing
3 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
garlic, minced
2 c favorite marinara sauce
2-3 Mini Babybel single cheese rounds, cubed
1/4 c Parmesan cheese, grated

Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli to cooking water during the last 3 minutes. Meanwhile, heat dressing in large pan on med-high heat. Add chicken and garlic; cook 5 minutes. Turn chicken over; continue to cook for another 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Drain pasta mix; return to pan and set aside. Add marinara and cubed cheese to chicken skillet; cook on med-low 2-3 minutes or until cheese is completely melted, mixture is well blended and chicken is coated, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm. Add pasta and broccoli to sauce mix; mix well. When ready to serve, plate pasta with sliced chicken on top, and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.

With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment