Thursday, July 31, 2014

Favorites {Blog Series}

In light of recent events, I think it's time for another fun random questions survey here on Sweet B's.

Cheers!

As Janetha mentions on her blog, I too have a hard time picking favorites. I definitely go through seasons when it comes to favorites. My favorite beverages, foods, movies, and clothes are always changing. Honestly, sometimes within the same hour.

So, whoops, some of my FAVORITES may have more than one answer.

Person. I have quite a few favorite people in my life. I married my best friend, the lucky man I want to annoy forever ;)  So let's start with Mr. B, my lobster.


And then, of course, my best GIRLfriend, who never tires of my annoyance, and gets me completely when I say things like, "I don't have a VB purse that does what I need it to do right now." "I just want to walk by Banana Republic." "I went to Starbucks twice today." "Help! I just spent an insane amount of money at Target, and Mr. B is going to kill me." "This plane doesn't even have phalanges!"

And my parents....who know why I am the person I am. And I can't leave out my beloved Grandma Bays, the woman who had the biggest influence on my life.

Color. Purple. Plum to be exact. But I'll never turn down purple-ish anything.

Food. While I do have a favorite food, I love all foods. When asked the question, "What would you eat for your last meal on Earth?" I will more than likely reply that I have my whole last day of food planned. I know what I want for breakfast, lunch, dinner, mid-day snack, dessert, and beverages. But my couscous is definitely my favorite, and I'd just really want to devour an entire bowl of that.

Smell. It changes every time I smell each of these, but these are all my favorites: rain, coffee, the smell of someone burning in the country (most folks would call this a bonfire). Oh, and the smell of a peach will stop me dead in my tracks. I will turn around and probably eat it promptly. But that's a close second to the other three. Oh, and gardenias is tied with that.

Book. Pride and Prejudice. Hands down favorite. But Gone with the Wind, Little Women, and The Princess Bride are close seconds.

Movie. It's a tie between Pretty Woman and Steel Magnolias.

Time of day. Mornings, where I find my quiet time with Jesus, that first cup of coffee, and a gorgeous sunrise. (Preferably from my new deck.)

Day of week. Sunday. It's the Lord's day, and I believe we are to rest and spend it with the ones we love. I love Sunday mornings, going to church and coming home to a big pot of something on the stove or in the oven, lazy Sunday afternoons, and lots of football! Possibly a nap curled up on the couch with the puppy.

Thing to do when bored. I don't get bored. I don't understand when people say they're bored. Well, then do something! I enjoy reading, yoga/working out, walks through the park, cooking/baking, board/card games, coffee with friends, and Netflix. But I guess if I was extremely bored, you'd probably catch me singing and dancing around the house. Or...I might be taking this little guy for a car ride.


Celebrity. Ummm, I'm sure my movie favorites gave that away. It's Julia Roberts. (But I'll never say no to Jeremy Renner.)

Beverage. Coffee!!!!!!! (If you have any doubts, please read this post and then this one.)

TV Show. F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Like there is anything else?

Fruit. Peaches. Every time I eat a peach I look at Mr. B and say, "Peaches are my absolute favorite. When someone asks what your wife's favorite fruit is, it's peaches." He then replies, "You say that about every fruit. You said it about strawberries last week." "NO. PEACHES ARE MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE." This conversation exchange happens.every.day.

Vegetables. I'd say tomatoes, but then you'd say that's a fruit, so I'm answering CORN. But just so you know, I can't pick between the two. Mr. B says I must choose one. Why? Why must I choose? When will I ever be in the position where I must choose one over the other?! (Apparently, when answering surveys like this.) Over the last week I've been enjoying on average two ears a day. It's the best.

Store/Shop. Target. Banana Republic. Starbucks. Vera Bradley Outlets.

Workout. YOGA. All kinds, any time of day. (But I do like a good kickboxing class.)

Quote. Here are a few current favorites....

"But the Lord stood with me and gave me strength." --2 Timothy 4:17

"Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing." --Harper Lee

 "Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful." --Hazrat Inayat Khan

"You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches." --Unknown

Potato chip flavor. Hmmm, I am not a chip fan, so when it comes down to this snack I would say tortilla chips. Or better yet, pita chips.

Meal of the day. BREAKFAST! I am a firm believer about starting your day right. Your body has fasted all night long, and it needs something to kick start your day. Whether it's coffee and an apple with almond butter, juice/smoothie, a bowl full of oats, or a full plate of eggs and waffles, you'll never find me missing this meal.

Ice cream flavor. Coffee! or something with peanut butter in it. And it has to be a peanut butter ripple, not peanut butter cups. YUM.

Season. Fall. Of course, it's Fall.

Dessert. Well, it used to be cheesecake, which I treated myself to twice a year (my birthday and Mama's Thanksgiving Cheesecake Special). But as I said, in light of recent events, I'm sticking with ice cream. Homemade. In a bowl. A Sundae. Waffle cone, only please. Full-fat variety. Fro-yo. Gelato. Even my banana "ice cream." Yes, I'm a fan of them all. People who say they don't care for ice cream (Mr. B included), who are you? I don't think I've ever been more dumbfounded by any other statement.


Lifehack. Using a straw to pit your cherries. Bring on the pie, please! (BTW, I found this question to be quite random.)


With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment