Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Royal Party


As I'm sure you all know, my 26th birthday was a few weeks ago, and my friends and I celebrated like royalty.

Literally.

We dressed in our best royal attire and had a fabulous, Queen-worthy time.

And in our honor, our friends created these beautiful royal invitations.


Since my friend Emilia's birthday is two days after mine, we celebrated our days together, as Your Royal Highnesses.


After the arrivals and crowning and decorations, it was time for food. Making an appearance were most of our favorite dishes....mixed berries, grilled peaches and strawberries, egg salad-stuffed tomatoes, salad, lime tortilla chips and mango salsa, macaroni and cheese, and mini cheesecake bites. There were also wine and tea selections.

Check out our spread!

And the best part: a Grilled Cheese Bar!!!!
YUM-O
I've been downing grilled cheeses like they're Caramel Macchiatos, so when Jessica asked what food I wanted to celebrate my special day, I shouted "GRILLED CHEESE!" before she even finished the question. Emilia didn't seem to mind.

And Jessica made it happen. Because she's AWESOME like that.

Jessica was so kind and (wo)manned the grill to make our perfect grilled cheeses.

My grilled cheese (with tomato, of course) was just what Your Royal Highness ordered.

This was fabulously tasty.
And the grilled peaches were absolutely sinful.

My BFF was in attendance :)
I was having so much fun and just like that it was 10 o'clock at night and I had to leave because I had LegoMania at work the next day. I felt bad. I totally broke up the party because everybody was blocking me in and therefore had to move their cars. And therefore decided it was time to go as well. :(

I spoiled my own party.

Anyhoo, I was also bummed because we never got around to watching the featured film, The Princess Bride.

One of my all-time favorites. Super-excited. Super-bummed and went around for days after quoting the movie until I finally made time to get my Westley and Buttercup fix.

Westley: I told you I would always come for you. Why didn't you wait for me?
Buttercup: Well... you were dead.
Westley: Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.
Buttercup: I will never doubt again.
Westley: There will never be a need.


Inigo Montoya: That Vizzini, he can fuss.
Fezzik: Fuss, fuss... I think he like to scream at us.
Inigo Montoya: Probably he means no harm.
Fezzik: He's really very short on charm.
Inigo Montoya: You have a great gift for rhyme.
Fezzik: Yes, yes, some of the time.
Vizzini: Enough of that.
Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?
Fezzik: If there are, we all be dead.
Vizzini: No more rhymes now, I mean it.
Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut?



But before I left......

Gifts!

Happy Birthday, Your Royal Highness!

Me and Emilia


Next time, make your birthday party a royal celebration to remember!

With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment