Okay, I've been super busy with our new house and worked on the kitchen all day Sunday and by the time I got home I was tuckered. After a quick shower and an episode of The Pioneer Woman, I was out like a light. Therefore, this "Sunday Sweets" is making an appearance today. Enjoy :)
1. On Wednesday night we finally got the keys to our new house!!!!!!!!
2. And we met the sellers before they started their adventure to western Ohio. They are the nicest people, and I hope to stay in touch with Chuck and Diane over the years. They gifted us with a lovely card and a personalized crock with our name and a picture of our house on the front. And then Diane said a beautiful prayer for our lives in this wonderful house. It could not have been more perfect, or right.
Isn't it beautiful?!
3. When Daddy was here on Sunday, of course, we went to Lowe's. But this time I wasn't tricked, and I wanted to go, and it was for my house, and we were there forever. But I bought the paint for our bedroom and the kitchen!!!!!! Let's paint!
4. Oh, wait. Yeah, have to tear down the wallpaper first. It's times like these when I wonder why I wanted a big kitchen. But with patience, a lot of time and hard-work, it will all come down and it will all be worth it when I'm standing in my beautiful kitchen.
Until then, I give myself permission to complain on here. Ai yi yi.
5. With so much wonderful homeowner stuff to do, and I say this with deep sorrow, my evenings of reading enjoyment have come to a halt. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish my book club read during my lunch breaks!
6. Also, I'm having crazy Olympic-nitus and have been watching it non-stop...except for when I'm at work (but even there I'm constantly keeping an eye on the results). Buuuuut, now we have much to do with our house and we don't have the cable there yet...so my Olympic-watching will be cut down tremendously. But who cares, we're homeowners!!!
7. FYI. My little girl dream: I wanted to be a professional volleyball player when I grew up. However, at 5'3" God had other plans. And I love my Children's Librarian path. But when I see these two, I can't help but return to my once-upon-a-dream.
8. Mr. B and I spent all day Friday cleaning gutters, pulling out shrubs, scrubbing down walls, windows and cabinets. When we finally turned on the Olympics only to see Rogers and Dalhausser eliminated, let's just say it was catastrophic.
9. On a better note, check out our fun "Pick Me!" display in the children's section. It's fun, time consuming, and fun. I like it.
10. Oh, and finally (!) Summer Reading has come to a glorious end!!!! Time to re-fuel for the fall madness ahead :)
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain.
With Love and God Bless,