Thursday, February 19, 2015

Three-Vegetable Gnocchi in Olive Oil with Pesto Gouda Cheese

ONE.

TWO.

THREE.


FOUR.

Yes, that's right. This is my FOURTH gnocchi post.

I.Cannot.Help.It. It's my absolute FAVORITE pasta dish. It's definitely a winter comfort food for me.

Plus, it's super, super fast and easy and full of delicious carb-loaded pasta pillows and so, so, so, darn tasty!

Sorry. I had a moment there.

I also had a moment a month ago while at Trader Joe's with my best friend when I came across this beauty. Gnocchi was the first thing that came to mind. How GOOD would this be on my gnocchi?!?!


Of course, as soon as I arrived home I made this immediately with whatever vegetables I had at arm's length. While eating it for dinner, I was thinking about how much I was going to enjoy this meal as my next two lunches for work. And then Mr. B came into the kitchen. "Where's my dinner?" Through a mouthful of pesto-Gouda-covered pillow-y pasta I informed him his dinner was currently a pizza heating in the oven. (<--- also a Trader Joe's purchase)

"Oh."

And then he ate the rest of my gnocchi while he waited for his pizza.

"Ummm....babe, you don't like gnocchi," I said trying to hide my disappointment as I watched my work lunches disappear.

"I know. But this is good."


Three-Vegetable Gnocchi in Olive Oil with Pesto Gouda Cheese

*Serves 2-4

1 (16-oz) pkg gnocchi
1/2 - 1 c low-sodium vegetable broth
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1 large zucchini, thinly sliced
1 c corn
extra virgin olive oil, for drizzle
salt and pepper, to taste
1 c freshly grated pesto Gouda cheese

Cook gnocchi according to package directions, but slightly under cook. Meanwhile, heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Toss in the sliced zucchini, followed by the vegetable broth and saute 5-8 minutes. (Start with 1/2 c of broth and add more if pan becomes too dry.) Add in corn and chopped tomatoes, saute another 3-5 minutes; turn off heat. Once cooked, drain pasta and add to pan with vegetables. Drizzle on a bit of olive oil, just enough to coat pasta and vegetables. (The pan should be somewhat dry; you don't need pools of oil in the pan.) Sprinkle on salt and pepper to taste. While still hot, grate pesto Gouda cheese over top.

Eat the entire pan before anybody else knows you made it.


With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment