Saturday, February 4, 2012

Game Day #6: Potato Skins

Whenever Mr. B and I do make it out to a restaurant, my eyes always find the appetizers on the menus. Yet, I can never bring myself to order one because I can only imagine the grease in these dishes, like onion rings, loaded fries, nachos, artichoke dip and potato skins.

Potato skins are my absolute favorite!


So when it comes to appetizers, I only eat them at home. And I jump at every chance to make my Potato Skins. I make them healthier by replacing the sour cream with Greek yogurt, and trust me (this coming from someone who can and will eat sour cream straight from the container) you don't miss the sour cream. These are perfect for Super Bowl Sunday. Simple, quick and yummy.....make these for your game-day party tomorrow!

Potato Skins

Serves as many as you need.

Russet potatoes, baked
Canola oil
Kosher salt
Cheddar cheese, shredded
Bacon slices, cooked and chopped
Non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
green onions, diced

Preheat oven 400 degrees. Slice the baked potatoes in half. With a spoon, gently scoop out the insides of the potato, making sure to leave a little bit of potato "liner" (this will keep the skin intact). *Note: You can do whatever you want with the discarded insides.

Next, brush canola oil onto the insides and outsides of the skins. Sprinkle both sides with kosher salt. lace the skins on a baking sheet, cut side down, and bake 6 mintues. Flip the skins over and bake another 6 minutes.
Sprinkle on cheese and bacon pieces. Place back in the oven, about 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with Greek yogurt and green onions. And then devour.

Don't forget to check back tomorrow for my last
Super Bowl Party menu idea!
With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment