Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I woke up to this today.
M. B knows me all too well. I was giddy as I put the flower in water, full of tears as I read the card, and promptly donned the soft puppy as Patches. Mr. B rolled his eyes when I said Patches was going on our bed. He said we have too many; I told him it's his fault because he bought me all of them.


I've always loved Valentine's Day.

Maybe it's because I've always had a Valentine.

My very first Valentine was Mama. Once February hit, and we started making our Valentine mailboxes at school, I anticipated the holiday balloons that would greet me when I'd come home from school that day. I loved those heart-shaped balloons! I also enjoyed the Valentine's card my grandparents would send me in the mail. I'm happy, that as I've grown up and married, the cards haven't stopped. I just opened my card from my grandparents this morning.

I love getting valentines and chocolates from my girl friends. Who says Valentine's Day is only Valentine's Day when you have a significant other? It's important to show everyone you love love on Valentine's Day!

And I have just the thing to kick-start your day of LOVE.

Heart-Shaped Cinnamon Rolls.

Wake up your sweetie with smells of butter and cinnamon. Treat your co-workers to a scrumptious breakfast. Or have this for dessert after a family dinner.
These are amazing! With cinnamon, butter, vanilla, warm bread and cream cheese icing, how can you not love? I love making cinnamon rolls on the weekend, and while Pillsbury's with the orange icing will always be my favorite, I like to create my own versions. (I also like to create fun food presentations!)

Heart-Shaped Cinnamon Rolls

Serving size depends. (Don't ask me how I know this, but it could serve 1...but not highly recommended)

1 pkg refrigerated crescent rolls
1/4 c butter
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 oz Neufchatel cream cheese

Preheat oven 350 degrees. Cream butter with cinnamon and vanilla until smooth. With a rolling pin, roll out the crescent dough, making sure to seal the seams. Spread as little or as much butter mixture on dough. (Make sure to leave some left over for the topping!) Roll dough into a log and cut into 15 slices. Arrange rolls on baking sheet as follows (working from bottom of heart up): 1 roll, 2 rolls on top of that, 3 rolls..., 4 rolls..., 4 rolls split (2 on each side forming top of heart). Then cut the last roll in half, placing each half on top to round out the heart.

Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, melt remaining butter mixture in a pan over medium heat. Add cream cheese, whisking until smooth. Slather Drizzle on top of warm rolls.


With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment