Saturday, June 9, 2012

Greek Yogurt Sundae

It's that time of year again when everyone's ice cream cravings kick in.

Problem is, my ice cream cravings are year-round, baby. A scoop or two any night and I'm a happy camper. However that bowlful of cold deliciousness isn't the most healthiest snack option...nor is it filling which is why I tend to have two.


Back in February I found my solution. I was craving, and I mean about-to-send-Mr. B-to-the-store-kind-of-craving, some ice cream and found our freezer empty. Which truthfully is not a shocker because I know how I am with ice cream, so unless I make it homemade in the summer (why only in the summer you gasp...because I know how I am with ice cream and my waistline can only afford it for a season or two), we rarely have any in the fridge. [Mr. B doesn't understand. He never craves ice cream. But I still married him anyway : P ]

Back to my solution. Greek Yogurt. Yes.

I take plain Greek Yogurt and toss on a handful of fresh fruit (whatever is in season), add some granola, sprinkle of ground flax seed, a spoonful of almond butter, and a drizzle of chocolate syrup. I promise you, you won't know you're not eating ice cream. Lick-the-bottom-of-the-bowl good.

Greek Yogurt Sundae

Serves 1

1/2 c plain Greek yogurt
1/4 c fresh fruit
1 Tbsp granola or nuts
1 Tbsp almond butter
1 tsp ground flax seed
scant drizzle of chocolate syrup


Place ingredients in a bowl and indulge.


With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment