Monday, June 4, 2012

7 Days 1 Challenge: Twenty-Three

How did everyone do with last week's Psalm Challenge? I loved it!

I was challenged to get in an even deeper spiritual state-of-mind and to spend more time with God. I found my stress disappearing, more reassurance and confidence when I tended to doubt....and I just found a greater love and peace. God is so good; we need to take time from our day, every day, to reflect on His goodness.

Now, it's Monday, Monday, Monday! It's new challenge-day!

*In case you're new to these challenges, the challenge starts on Monday and ends Sunday night. The following Monday I'll post a new challenge.


This week's challenge:
Cross off 1 chore per day.
Source: Yahoo! Images

With getting into a new routine, working more hours and house hunting, my first "free" day off in a while consisted of me cleaning and catching up on the laundry. I did not sit down until well after 7 PM. This is completely unacceptable.

I did five (5!) loads of laundry over the weekend. How I got so far behind is beyond me. I'm never behind on laundry...I'm OCD when it comes to all things cleaning and organizing. Mr. B is as well, except he is not allowed to do the laundry. (Long and funny story, but he's not allowed.) So when I found myself knee deep in sheets, towels, socks, wrinkles, dishes, grocery bags and Windex, I new this was going to be my next challenge. I refuse to fall behind again on my cleaning....it drives me nuts!

Therefore, my challenge to all of you this week is to accomplish at least one chore each day (whether it's a load of laundry, dusting, grocery shopping, changing sheets or vacuuming)....so when we finally have a day off we can spend it with family, watching a ball game, making ice cream, going for an evening walk or discovering a good book.

Who wants to take the weekly challenge? Let me know by sharing your thoughts/struggles and link ups below!


With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment