Monday, September 24, 2012

7 Days 1 Challenge: Thirty-Nine

Honestly, I think last week's challenge to enjoy my food was the hardest for me yet. Something so simple yet it proved to be a definite issue. This challenge brought to my attention how busy I have let my life become. I know there are some areas that can't be helped, like my job--we're just busy this time of year, and I love being busy! It makes the days go by faster, I feel more accomplished at the end of the day when I see all of the checks on my to-do list, and there's just so much that needs to be done and (that I want to do). Granted, I do get a lunch break, but I mostly use that time to chat with Mr. B (because we don't get to talk that much during the week) or to catch-up on my reading while I'm eating.

And at home, if the kitchen doesn't need cleaned then there's laundry to do and groceries to buy.

Last week was an eye-opener, and I realize I need to cut some stuff out. I've cancelled a few TV shows from the DVR I could not care less, really, if I watch...I'm back to making menus and meal planning...and I'm focusing on one book at a time (!)...and I'm committing to going to bed at a decent hour so I can use my mornings for more than just sleeping and rushing out the door.

Oh, and I haven't made my oats in months! Therefore, I'm getting back to setting things out the night before so I can actually enjoy my breakfast.

It's all about making small changes.


But anyhoo, Happy New Challenge Day!


*In case you're new to these challenges, the challenge starts on Monday and ends Sunday night. The following Monday I'll post a new challenge.



This week's challenge:
Get your 8 glasses of H20.

Source: Google Images
Do you get your daily eight glasses?

I used to and then I don't know what happened.

Actually, I do.

I keep forgetting my cup with a straw. Did you know that you drink more when you have a straw? It's true.

Also, did you know that you can't drink through a straw with a broken nose? Yeah, I found that one out the hard way....but that's neither here nor there.

But back to discussing water.

It has sooooooo many benefits....it helps with skin care, over-eating, flushing out toxins, boosts your mood, and regulates your body temperature.

And what's funny is I don't really drink anything but water...it's in my coffee and my tea (maybe not so much in my Caramel Macchiatos or my apple cider, but I limit myself to only ONE of these treats a week). But if I don't drink it out of my glass with a straw, it's hard for me to count it as my water intake. Therefore, this week I'm making sure to get my eight glasses. And with the chilly mornings, I'm looking forward to my hot water with lemon.

Now, let's get back to our water!

Who wants to take the weekly challenge? Let me know by sharing your thoughts/struggles and link ups below!


With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment