1. Shake Heaven
Yeah, Montell Jordan. He's also known for singing "This Is How We Do It." In a recent interview he stated he's retired and will never perform that song again. He's a worship leader now, and his interview--on 95.5 The Fish (a Contemporary Christian radio station I listen to...always)--on secular music and Christianity was very powerful.
We're taking back the music!
2. Nor can I get enough of Casting Crown's new powerful song, "Jesus, Friend of Sinners."
It's hard to choose just one set of lyrics because they're all unbelievably powerful, but I find myself constantly singing these lines:
"Nobody knows what we're for only what we're against when we judge the wounded. What if we put down our signs, crossed over the lines and loved like you did."
3. Want a fun fact: The majority of women surveyed said stubble on a man makes him appear smarter.
Hmmm...I was thinking rugged or manly.
But I like it.
4. Here's your "Smile' for the day:
5. It was Banned Books week at the library. If you ever get a chance, check out why some books were/are banned. It's pretty ridiculous.
Like Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? by Bill Martin, Jr.
This beloved children's book was banned
in January 2010 by the Texas Board of Education because the author has
the same name as an obscure Marxist theorist, and no one bothered to
check if they were actually the same person. (Check out the article here.)
My thoughts...if a book offends you, put it down and don't read it. You have that choice.
I've done that many times...with The Catcher in the Rye, Will Grayson, Will Grayson and many more.
I could take some healing today.
7. Mr. B celebrated his 29th birthday this week.
8. The best news I heard all week. The refs are back!
Things were about to get real. Ai yi yi...come on.
Sadly, it still didn't help my Brownies.
With Love and God Bless,