*In case you're new to these challenges, the challenge starts on Monday and ends Sunday night. The following Monday I'll post a new challenge.
This week's challenge:
Be conscience of your waste.
Here are some examples to help you this week:
- Don't let the water run.
- Turn off the lights when not using a room. (Mr. B constantly reminds me of this.)
- Use glass containers instead of plastic Tupperware. Watch your use of paper plates. (I'm constantly reminding Mr. B of this.)
- (And my favorite...) Reusable mugs! Invest in a good coffee mug or water bottle. I also keep mugs in my car just in case. A lot of places will give you a discount if you bring in your own mug. Starbucks takes off 10 cents. Starbucks also offers reusable cups for $1.00, but you still need a sleeve if ordering a hot beverage. Which brings me to my next example....
- Reusable sleeves! My friend, Jessica, bought me my "B" sleeve (which is quite famous on Sweet B's and I'm constantly asked where I got it--btw, she purchased it at a Hallmark store) and it's one of my favorite things. If it's not on my beverage than it's in my purse. I use it for both hot and cold drinks.
- And napkins, which I'm kind of not sure about. I've been told by a few people to switch to cloth napkins for home and work. Regular napkins are bio-degradable. Cloth napkins have to be washed. But now I'll have to use extra water to wash napkins and towels. We have a well and try to preserve as much water as we can, especially after last year's very dry summer.
- Oh, and I know my friend, Jessica, would say cloth diapers to you mamas out there!
Who wants to take the weekly challenge? Let me know by sharing your thoughts/struggles and link ups below!
With Love & God Bless,