Monday, December 12, 2011

Cooking Club #13 {Updated}

[Updated 11/3/14: original, but separate, content, with updated photos and/or more details, if available.]


---> Cooking Club is coming up soon, and now that I'm blogging, I want to share these moments but I thought I should play catch-up first. So without further ado, here (and in other posts) is what we've been up to. Enjoy!


#13 July: Red, White and Blue

The Menu:
         Appetizers
Turkey Brie Bundles
Stromboli Minis
        Main Course
Roasted Chicken Breasts with Red and Blue Salsa
        Desserts
Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Red Velvet Crepe Cake
Cherry and Blueberry Pie

Cooking Club Turns 1!

Happy Birthday!

It was my turn to choose the theme for this month's Cooking Club. The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. I love the colorful fireworks at night, family barbecues, and the colors. I was feeling a little red, white and blue, and there are tons of recipes that can fit this theme. My recipe for this month was Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake, which showed up in my email one morning. Oh, Taste of Homes, how your eye-googling recipes continue to fill my SAVED inbox.

Coffee cake, yum.

Cream cheese, heaven.

Isn't it beautiful? Don't you want to take a swim in that pan? I do. This cake is moist and full of flavor. The raspberries jump out as you cut into the perfect slice. I can't help smiling and drooling every time I look at this picture. I.Cannot.Help.It.


I have no words. Check out the recipe and make it today! (And invite me over for a slice, and some coffee. Black, please!)

Kelly's Turkey Brie Bundles were my second favorite on this month's menu. So good and the brie melted perfectly.


Jessica's Red Velvet Crepe Cake took center stage for our one-year birthday celebration. It turned out beautifully, and she earned bonus points for incorporating all of the colors, but it was a little.too.rich for my liking. Double bonus points because she had the patience actually to create this multi-layer crepe cake, turning it into two cakes instead of one towering dessert.

The frosting = Amazing.


Check out all of those crepe layers! (Yes, you need patience for this kind of cake. Something I seriously lack. I definitely won't be making this any time soon.)


*I hope you enjoyed these Cooking Club snippets. I've finally caught up! I hope these themes, and even Cooking Club itself, inspire you to gather with your friends and family in the kitchen, and make sweet moments (and delicious food) of your own.

**I've only included the recipes to the dishes I made. Only because I'm unsure of where everyone got theirs...and hey, we gotta give credit where credit is due. If you have any questions about the other dishes, I'll ask the other members where they got their recipes and pass it along!


Check out our previous meetings!
Cooking Club #1-4
Cooking Club #5-8
Cooking Club #9-12

With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment