Monday, April 30, 2012

7 Days 1 Challenge: Eighteen

I'm a sucker for mini challenges, goals, or fasts. I love fasting to clean out my body and soul, to strengthen my relationship with the Lord. Beginning new devotionals for better understanding of God's word. Trying new things for a few days. Omitting things here and there to simplify my week, or to give my body a break.

I was thrilled when one of my fellow bloggers added a weekly challenge to her site, Blogilates. Her first one started on New Year's Day and every week was a different challenge. Except...it tampered out around week 8, so I've been creating my own since. I've been doing things like eating the rainbow, completing a chore a day so I'm not overwhelmed on my days off, yoga every morning, making sure I eat breakfast, no dining out, and drinking hot water with lemon first thing in the morning. I was mentioning this to a friend and she wanted to do it with me, suggesting it would be a great topic for my blog. So, here it is.

I'm currently beginning week 18 and thought maybe you'd want to join. The challenge starts on Monday and ends Sunday night. (The following Monday I'll post a new challenge.)

You can start right now. With me. Week 18. Here we go!


This week's challenge:
No sugar!
Source: Yahoo! Images
I had an awful week last week. My allergies were going crazy, and the only thing that seems to help me from sneezing every 5 minutes is something cold on my throat. Which is why it was a bad time for me to discover Ben and Jerry's new Greek Frozen Yogurts. I ate those two pints like crazy. It was wonderful. (You can read about that here.)

Because of my misery, medicine and sugar intake, I've been running a little sluggish since. I need to clean out my body, so I'm avoiding sugar this week. All forms, like processed foods, ice cream, honey, yogurts, white bread/pasta, etc. My coffee will be black this week. (Which means no Starbucks....) But it's okay, I drink my actual coffee black anyway. (Espresso is when I mix it up; although my current obsession is the strong Americano.) My Grandma Bays always said, "You should drink your coffee black because you might not always have cream and sugar available." A wise woman my grandma.

So, if I do get sugar this week it'll be from my fruit intake.

Who wants to take the weekly challenge? Let me know and share your thoughts/struggles below!


With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment