Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday Sweets

1. Mr. B and I had a great big bowl of mixed fruit for brunch this morning, consisting of grapes, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, peaches and kiwis. YUM.


And then Mr. B asked what else there was to eat.....so I made him an omelet.


2. House update: The sellers have finished everything we asked them to fix. So possible second inspection next week.....then closing? (eek!)


3. WHY is it soooooooo hot?!! I live in Ohio for a reason. I'm melting here people!

4. To beat the heat we went boating with Mr. B's parents last Sunday and on the 4th. They decided to do some rafting. Um, yeah, rafting does not seem like a good time. I'm fine on the boat, thanks.



5. I've been on a homemade pizza kick lately, and anyone who knows me is probably staring at the screen going, "What? You? Pizza?" I am not a pizza fan, but I'm obsessed with The Pioneer Woman's pizza crust. It makes enough for two large pizzas, so I've been halving it and storing the other crust in the freezer. Ta da! Two meals for the week! (And I like my crust thin....it's sooooo darn good. I'm addicted.)

6. I got lost on my way home from work Thursday because the construction workers decided to block off my exit ramp. I tried to bypass it but everywhere I went the ramps were all blocked. There were no "Hey, take this detour route" signs and I didn't have the GPS. It took me an extra 40 minutes to get home (+ the hour that it already takes me to get home). I was exhausted. Darn construction!


7. Guess who I got to spend most of my Friday with?


Baby Myles!!!! Well, he's hardly a baby anymore. How did he get so big!!?

8. And of course, his Mommy came too!

Jessica W. and I

9. Mr. B and I were at Kohl's the other day and they have the Skippyjon Jones books and stuffed animal. This was the first time Mr. B had ever heard of Skippyjon Jones, and me, as a children's librarian, was explaining everything to him...you know, how Skippyjon Jones is a Siamese cat who thinks he's a Chihuahua because of his big ears. Yeah, now Mr. B is calling Siamese Skippyjon Jones and he refuses to call her anything else.


Here's the link to Skippyjon Jones' Facebook page.


10. Oh, and in case you were wondering, I'll help you out. My birthday is in 11 days!! I like cash and cookbooks :)

With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment