Saturday, July 21, 2012

Blogger Recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ice Cream

Better known as Utter Deliciousness.


In the summer, usually the only thing I'm in the mood to eat is ice cream because it's so darn hot. (I usually melt right along with it.) But who am I kidding, homemade ice cream is perfect anytime...even on the coldest nights in January. YUM.

Ice cream makes a perfect dinner, too. (Mr. B begs to differ.)


One of my absolute favorite combinations is chocolate and peanut butter. Adding cream cheese to the mix puts it over the top. But what I really liked about this Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ice Cream is that you can barely taste the chocolate.

I like chocolate, but I love peanut butter! So this ice cream was perfect. (Of course, if you're the chocolate type, you can always add more...maybe some chocolate chips or a chocolate ripple.)

I also reduced the amount of sugar I put into the base because the peanut butter is already sweet, and since I'm used to almond butter now (which isn't sweet), it was definitely sweet enough.


I think next time I'll make it even more fantastic by putting it in a graham cracker crust and garnishing it with a hot fudge drizzle.


Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ice Cream
*recipe slightly adapted from Espresso & Cream


2 c 1% chocolate milk
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp cornstarch
1/3 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 c heavy cream
4 oz Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
1/2 c creamy peanut butter


In small bowl combine 2 Tbsp of milk and cornstarch until smooth; set aside. In large saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining milk, sugar and extract. Bring to a boil and continue to cook for four minutes, stirring frequently. Make sure it doesn't boil over! After four minutes, remove from heat and whisk in cornstarch mixture. Return to a boil and continue to boil one to two minutes until mixture slightly thickens. Remove from heat and whisk in cream cheese and peanut butter. Whisk until smooth and well combined. Whisk in cream. Pour mixture into bowl. (The original recipe calls for you to strain the mixture through a mesh strainer, but I didn't see the need.) Place mixture in refrigerator and chill 8-12 hours.

Transfer chilled mixture to bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Store mixture in an air tight container in freezer.

*Brace yourself. You'll probably eat the whole thing.


With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment