|Me and Emilia, your Royal Birthday Highnesses.|
It's official!!! Now we're just waiting on the keys.....
3. In the meantime, Mr. B
4. As soon as we pulled into the parking lot I wanted to cry because I had flashbacks to my "childhood torture." Since my daddy is a carpenter and an interior designer is trapped in my mama's body, I grew up in constant demolition and remodeling. Which, don't get me wrong, was lovely and fun and I learned so much about taking down wallpaper, painting, drywalling, sanding, staining, caulking, etc. And the finished rooms were amazing. But the "torture" came in the form of the surprise visits to Lowe's and Home Depot. I use surprise very lightly here, and it should be read as the following:
"Hey, Brindi, let's have dinner at Applebee's tonight."
And then after dinner on our way home (and sometimes on our way to dinner)....
"Oh, I forgot, we need to make a quick stop."
And then my parents would spend hours (hours!) in these stores. While they were "perusing," I'd look through the wallpaper books, play with the door bells, and find the perfect paint for my future home. But a child can only take so much and the imagination can run dry. Eventually I caught on to their little let's-go-out-to-dinner scheme and started bringing books.
5. Anyhoo, the point, as I tried to explain this to Mr. B as he dragged me from aisle to aisle, is I can only take so much! We either need to come in and look at all of our paint and carpet options, or we need to focus on one room at a time. Right now I'm focusing on paint.
6. Hmmmm....you'd think I'd have a different reaction when it came time to remodeling my own home. NO!
I really do love DIY-ing and remodeling and I can't wait to start hitting up garage sales......I just don't like spending hours in home improvement stores. Ugh.
7. Switching gears here, I want to give a "Happy Birthday!" shout-out to my brother. His birthday is the day before mine. (We're Irish twins.) I'm so used to celebrating our birthdays together, these last few years since he's been in SC have been a little sad and alien-ish. So....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BROTHER! You're half way to 50! :P
|This picture is from a few years ago when we celebrated our 20th and 21st birthdays.|
8. So on my birthday I tried to make my morning bowl of oats a little special by adding a candle. However, I could not seem to light it. I concluded all three lighters were out of fluid and sadly enjoyed my un-lit birthday breakfast. Mr. B called me later on informing me all of the lighters were working. I knew I should have woke him up at 6:30 a.m. to light my candle!
9. But later that night I got my birthday candle in my ice cream.
10. My friends threw me a co-birthday party on Saturday. My friend, Emilia (her birthday is two days after mine), and I were the royal guests of honor at The Royal Party. I had so much fun spending time with my friends, eating our favorite foods and talking.....however, time flew by and we never got to our featured film, The Princess Bride. I LOVE this movie!! And the book! (I apologize to Mr. B ahead of time because I will probably quote this movie for the next week until I finally make time to watch it.)
There was a grilled cheese bar!
11. I had to leave the party early because I had to work the next day. It was LegoMania Saturday! (a.k.a mass chaos)
But it was great to see so many dads at this program.
12. I really don't want to end this post on a negative, but please continue to keep the Colorado families in your thoughts and prayers. My heart goes out to all of them during this tragic time.
With Love and God Bless,