Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Lemonade Party

In June my friends and I had our Lemonade Party. We chose this particular beverage because an iced cold tall glass, with a nice pucker of course, is absolutely necessary on hot summer days. And let me tell you, we've had more hot days than my lemonade-making hands can keep up with.



That glass is full of summer refreshment. Isn't it just B-E-A-utiful?


Above is a picture of our glorious spread. We had lime tortilla chips with guacamole and sour cream, blackberries, crackers, and lemon blueberry cream cheese cookies (these weren't the best, so I'm passing on sharing the recipe. If you're in desperate need of a blueberry cookie, check out my favorite cookies in the world: Almond Blueberry Cookies).


These cookies had a hunk of cream cheese in the center. It was a mess trying to put the cheese in...the dough kept softening (quickly) no matter how long I kept it in the fridge. I lost my patience, so some of them had cream cheese and others didn't. They were my surprise cookies.

We also had various flavors of ice cream and this awesome Lemonade Stand Pie.




Jenny definitely brought the talk of the party. It had the perfect pucker. It was delicious. I will be making it soon.



I have a particular bond with the above picture.

Because tragedy struck, I no longer have my Paula Deen Lemonade Glass (that I bought at her store last year when we vacationed in Georgia). Somehow, towards the end of our party, it slipped out of my hands and shattered on the hardwood floor. I only had a few ice cubes left (so thankfully there was no staining or spillage), and I was sitting on the floor, so the glass was literally no more than 6" from the floor.

I have no idea how this incident happened and I pretty much just stared in shock at the mess for a good minute before reacting. Holding in my tears I helped clean up the broken pieces. Ai yi yi.

Can't have anything nice.


But to end this party post on a positive note, here is Jenny's recipe to her mouth-watering pie. Enjoy!

Lemonade Stand Pie
*courtesy of my friend Jenny

1/2 c cold water
1/3 c lemonade-flavored drink mix
2 c vanilla ice cream, softened
8 oz whipped topping, thawed
1 graham cracker crust (6 oz)

In a large bowl, add water to drink mix; stir until mix is dissolved. Add ice cream. Beat with mixer until well blended.  Whisk in whipped topping. Freeze until mixture is thick enough to mound. Scoop into crust. Freeze 4 hours or until firm. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.

*Ohhemmgee....is this pie amazingly good and simple!!!!

Make now. Thank me later.



With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment