Monday, October 22, 2012

7 Days 1 Challenge: Forty-Three

Okay, so didn't get around to making my Harvest Garland, but I did a lot of crafting at work this week...AND I organized all of my scrapbooking stuff!

It's been over a year (cough, closer to two, cough) since I last scrapbooked, and I miss it. I have all of this stuff that's not being used and so much has happened (like I could scrapbook about the house!) and I'm soooo far behind. But now that I've re-organized it, I've re-kindled my crafting flame.

I'm super bummed because a connect group at my church, The Scrapping Ladies, gathers together every other Saturday morning at the church and scrapbooks for an hour. They all bring in snacks and ideas to share. I was stoked when I heard about the group and even more stoked because I have every other Saturday off. Too bad the Saturdays they scrap are the same Saturdays I work. BUMMED.

But hopefully now I have the motivation to scrap on my own again.

Now, let's move onto this week's challenge.


*In case you're new to these challenges, the challenge starts on Monday and ends Sunday night. The following Monday I'll post a new challenge.



This week's challenge:
Choose a vegetable and center your meal around it.

I probably should have completed this challenge back in July, when all of the veggies were in abundance and cheap(er), but with the cold weather coming I'm craving heavy, comfort food. And to keep these favorite dishes a little on the lighter side, I'm adding in veggies. But I'm not just adding, I'm centering my dishes around these healthy foods. Like tonight I'm making a pasta dish to go with zucchini, carrots and peppers. I also bought a ton of frozen broccoli, so I'm sure many of my meals this week will be focused on that.

Instead of eating my veggies as a side, I want them front and center in the main course.


Who wants to take the weekly challenge? Let me know by sharing your thoughts/struggles and link ups below!


With Love & God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment