Thursday, October 25, 2012

Cookie Dough Oats {At My Desk}

Some days I can't seem to get out of bed. Although, I consider myself a morning person.

Here's the deal: My alarm will go off and I'll set it for a half an hour later, but I never (NEVER) fall back asleep. I just lay there thinking, Brindi, get up. But I don't....95% of the time. I watch the sun come up (or, as of now, lack there of) and jump out of bed in a hurry. Why I do this to myself I don't know. But I know me, so I am prepared.

Most days I eat my breakfast at work because I don't have time to even think about breakfast as I'm rushing around trying to look presentable for the day. I just grab my black coffee (and a piece of fruit, if I'm lucky,) and go.

But I have to eat breakfast. It's so important to eat that first meal, to get my metabolism going for the long day ahead. I am big on this. NO skipping breakfast! Therefore, I eat my oats at my desk.


I love oatmeal (if you're new to Sweet B's check out these other oatmeal recipes) and I prefer it hot, thick, with cottage cheese and fruit. But I don't have the time to make it on the stove, nor does the break room have a stove, and I'm not a huge fan of the microwave kind. So, I found a way to eat my oats like cold cereal. (I also like overnight oats, using chia seeds, but most nights I forget to make it.)


I have everything ready to go. I just add my oats, spices and protein powder. Mix in a little nut butter, (or peanut butter in this case....I'm out of my almond butter!!) until its consistency is like cookie dough (hence the name), add a splash of milk, and eat.


This is quite filling and a little bit goes a loooong way.


Cookie Dough Oats

Serves 1


scant 1/4 c oats (not the instant kind)

1 tsp vanilla soy protein powder
dash of sea salt
dash of cinnamon
pinch of ground flax seed
1 Tbsp nut butter
splash of 1% milk (or sometimes almond milk)

To be honest, I don't measure. Add to your liking. Oats go in the bowl first. Next add in protein powder, salt, cinnamon and flax seed. Mix in nut butter until cookie dough-like consistency. Pour in your milk and enjoy.
Simple and filling!


With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment