Monday, January 23, 2012

A.M. Banana and Apple Energizer

These cold January mornings give no encouragement to starting my Monday. It's hard to get out of bed when it's dark and cold. And when it's cold, there needs to be snow. What is with this weather? I've never seen so little snow by this date. And dang it! I'm complaining because I love snow. I like mornings where I  jump out of bed and rush to the window to see how much snow accumulated over night. (I guess I'm still a child at heart when it comes to snow.) But this January has been lacking in the snow department. [For instance, we finally got snow last Friday, about 5", but the temperature went right back up, and now this morning it's pretty much all melted.]

Because of this, I need a new morning "booster." I was extremely excited for my banana and apple smoothie this morning. I love awakening these classic fruits with spices, like ginger and cinnamon, and in turn, it awakens me.


I delighted in sipping on this throughout my cold, winter morning.

A.M. Banana and Apple Energizer

Serves 1

1 c apple juice
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp grated fresh ginger (ground ginger works well, too. When I need to, I use a scant 1/4 tsp.)
2 bananas, sliced and frozen

Place juice, cinnamon and ginger in blender; combine gently. Add in bananas and blend until smooth. Pour in a glass and enjoy!

*NOTE: Sometimes I split this into two servings depending on how hungry I am after my morning yoga.

Nutritional Information
Per serving (as in one big smoothie): Calories 342; Fat 14; Fiber 7.4; Protein 3

With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment