Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The ABCs of Sweet B

The “ABCs of Me” have circulated the blog world for the past couple months. I know I am way behind with that band wagon, but here we go...better late then never. I thought this would be an easy way to share some fun facts with y’all!

A. Age: 25
Snap shot of my last birthday blowing out the candles on my Peach Cheesecake (Paula Deen's recipe).

B. Bed size: Queen…but Mr. B keeps demanding insisting that we need a king. He likes his space. I demand insist it's because of his only-child syndrome.

C. Chore you dislike: Dusting! Ughh, I think it's because that was my assigned chore as a kid. Luckily, Mr. B and I have found a great balance. It’s fabulous!
D. Dogs: Unfortunately, no dogs. But lucky for us, we have Siamese, a 14-year-old Siamese cat. You can read all about this darling pet over here. Mr. B keeps telling me I knew what I was getting into when I agreed to marry him. He kindly says, "You knew I had baggage." Ha!

E. Essential start to your day: Coffee and spending time with God and His Word. A yoga practice. Then oatmeal or a smoothie.

F. Favorite color: purple....eggplant to be exact.

G. Gold or silver: Silver (white gold!)
H. Height: 5 foot 3 inches

I. Instruments you play(ed): I dropped out of band in fifth grade because I just couldn’t seem to master the patience love for the clarinet. I seriously, desperately wish I could play the piano.

J. Job title: Writing Assistant at a college, and hopefully sooner than later, Children's Librarian.

K. Kids: None and no plans any time soon!

L. Live: Northeast Ohio. I've lived in Ohio my whole life and I absolutely love it.

M. Mama’s name: Paula

N. Nicknames: Brin, Dee, Peeps. (I loved those marshmallow peeps when I was little. Mama just started calling me that one day and it stuck.) The students I work with at work can't seem to remember my name, so they call me B.

O. Overnight hospital stays: None!

P. Pet peeves: People who never consider others; not putting things back where you found them (Mr. B is notorious for this); drivers who never use turn signals or don't turn their lights on when it's raining. Oh, and those who don't know the difference between your/you're and there/their.

Q. Quote from a movie: "I would rather have 30 minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special." -- Shelby

Steel Magnolias is in a constant battle with Pretty Woman for my all-time favorite movie. I could go on and on quoting this movie!

Okay, here's one more. "When it comes to pain and suffering, she's right up there with Elizabeth Taylor." --Truvy

R. Righty or lefty: I am RIGHT handed, but do everything with my LEFT except for writing and using knives or scissors.

S. Siblings: Brother, Cody (24). His birthday is the day before mine, so we're the same age for one day; we're Irish twins. And I have a half-sister, Cherokee (18).

My brother and I this summer when I visited him in South Carolina.

T. Time you wake up: anywhere between 6-7 am on days I work, between 7-8 am on days I'm off.

U. University: Kent State University (both for grad and undergrad). Go Flashes!
Daddy and I at a Kent-Akron game. This is significant because I went to Kent; my brother went to Akron. Our schools are huge rivals. It's quite fun in our households. Daddy and I sat in the bleachers while Bub was up in the media booth; he works for Akron's Athletic Department. Unfortunately, Akron won this game.

V. Vegetables you don’t’ like: Raw onions! And on a side note: I HATE pineapple.

W. What makes you run late: I am never late. In fact, I'm at least 10 minutes early. I get this from Mama. She had to be everywhere 15 minutes early. However, Mr. B is always late (he gets this from his mother). So together, sometimes we make it on time....

X. X-rays you’ve had: only one, when I broke my nose in a car accident.

Y. Yummy food you make: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to cook and bake. I love cooking for Mr. B; it is my favorite way to unwind from the day. I also love to bake for other people! Making meals and special treats for my friends and family is one of the ways I show my love. Mr. B and I are not fans of going out to eat. We might eat out once every two weeks. I'd rather make my own food so I know what's in it.
Loved trying out this recipe. Visit How Sweet Is Is for the Strawberry-Lime Stuffed Cupcakes

Z. Zoo animal favorites: white tigers, lions, pandas, giraffes and penguins.



With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment